Basil Pesto & Shrimp Pasta.We all love shrimp and we all love basil and pine nut pesto. And this basil pesto and shrimp pasta, tossed with pearl tomatoes is the perfect way to put all those goodies together.While experimenting with the recipe, I decided that I at least in this particular case I don’t care about having cheese and seafood combined. So the pesto here is the classic pesto alla Genovese and it has Parmesan cheese.Also in my trials, I tried grilling the shrimp to make it lighter and the unanimous voice was it tasted better when the shrimp was sautéed in butter and garlic.The tiny San Diego tomatoes bring flavor and color to this summer easy-to-make dish.
Basil Pesto & Shrimp Pasta
- 1 package of penne pasta
- 3 Tbsp. of butter
- 2 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 30 large shrimp
- 1 cup of basil and pine nut pesto
- 1 cup of pearl tomatoes
- Put the water for the pasta to boil.
- In a skillet, melt the butter on medium heat and sauté the garlic for 3-4 minutes, until wilted.
- Sauté the shrimp in the butter for about 2 and a half minutes a side, until pink and reserve.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta and once it’s al dente, strain it, and let some fresh water run on top to stop cooking. Strain again.
- In a big bowl mix the pasta with the pesto until well combined.
- Add the shrimp and combine.
- Toss with the tomatoes and serve.
Thank you for saving and sj=haring this Basil Pesto & Shrimp Pasta recipe on Pinterest.