This post is also available in: Español
Zucchini and Chorizo Frittata
- 3 medium zucchinis finely sliced
- ¼ cup of Spanish or Portuguese chorizo cut in Juliana
- 1 Tbs . of olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of Cheddar cheese , coarsely shredded plus ½ cup to top the frittata
- 1 of cup of green onions (use only the green part, and save the white for other use)
- In a non stick pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and sauté the zucchini and the chorizo, for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add 1 ½ cups of cheese and ¾ cup of green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the sautéed zucchini and chorizo to the egg mixture. In the same pan, over low heat cook the frittata, covered, for 8 minutes.
- With a spatula lift cooked edges and flip the frittata on to a plate, a bit bigger than the pan, and then slowly slide the frittata back to the pan.
- Cook until done, approximately 6 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar cheese on top, and broil the frittata in the same pan for 3-5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with the rest of the green onions.
Thank you for saving and sharing this cheesy zucchini and chorizo frittata recipe on Pinterest.