Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.It’s raining since last Thursday in Southern California. My boys are on vacation since last Friday. The fireplace is on. In two days it’ll be winter: the mellow winter of the high dessert. One nice thing about the rain is that whatever you plant, it grows like crazy. I went to check my winter kitchen garden and found some leaves ready to be eaten.I decided to make this salad which is made of crispy greens, sliced tomatoes and red onion (I can´t wait for the ones we just planted.)What make this salad so special —besides the fact that I’m growing the leaves—, is the dressing: a very rich honey mustard vinaigrette, that will make the simplest lettuce a gourmet experience.Keeping the proportion three to one (three parts of oil to one of vinegar), I added some honey, mustard and salt and pepper to taste. The secret is to mix all the ingredients to emulsify them. Then you will have the best vinaigrette ever.This vinaigrette can be saved in a bottle in the refrigerator for months. You just need to shake it to emulsify, before using it.
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbs. of honey
- 1 Tbs. of Dijon mustard
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and whisk them to emulsify.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this Honey Mustard Vinaigrette recipe on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Enri (see all)
- White Wine Sangria Recipe: It Tastes like Summer! - June 8, 2023
- Venezuelan Torta de Plátano Recipe: Ripe Plantain & Cheese Casserole - June 5, 2023
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023