This post is also available in: Español
I made this grilled pineapple and jalapeÃ±o margarita with the limited edition of Jose Cuervo Silver Tequila, launched last fall to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the iconic Cuervo Classic Surf Competition in California. The bottle was a gift from Jose Cuervo Tequila. The recipe is mine.
Ladies and gentlemen this margarita is heaven in a glass. I made it attending the invite by my dear Kate Ramos, from Hola JalapeÃ±o! Every year, Kate hosts her well-known Margarita Week. This year Iâm part of the roster of food bloggers, turned into modern alchemists in anticipation for this coming Cinco de Mayo.
Those who follow this blog know that Iâm a rum girl. Rum is a natural choice for somebody born and raised in a country âVenezuelaâ known for ageing the best rums in the world. Tequila, on the other hand, is something relatively new for me. However, who can resist such a fun invite and the opportunity to create a heavenly delicious margarita?
So, here I go, grilling pineapple just because I love how the fruit caramelizesâ¦ Slicing jalapeÃ±os because you know this all about Mexico and Cinco de Mayoâ¦ Mixing and shaking because life is too short not to have fun in the journey!
In spite of the sweetness of the fruit, I added some agave nectar; but skipped the orange liquor (usually triple sec, Grand Marnier or Cointreau).
How to make grilled pineapple and jalapeÃ±o margarita
This is a complex well-balanced drink. First you have the sweetness of the caramelized pineapple. Then, the spicy notes of the jalapeÃ±o pepper pop in your palate. They both perfectly compliment the smoky flavor of the silver tequila that prevails in a smooth aftertaste.
To make this margarita you will need some tools that you can easily find online through my Amazon Affiliate Program:
- Grill or grill stove pan
- Chef Knives
- Wooden cutting board
- Boston shaker, jigger and muddler
- Coarse sea salt
Cheers and welcome to 2019 Margarita Week!
Grilled Pineapple and JalapeÃ±o Margarita
- 2 oz. Jose Cuervo Silver Tequila
- 2 oz. of grilled pineapple diced
- 1.5 oz. of fresh lime juice
- 0.5 oz. of organic agave nectar
- 6-8 JalapeÃ±o slices (save 2 to use them as garnish)
- Fresh lime and kosher coarse sea salt to rim the glass
- Moisten the rim of a glass with a lime wedge.
- Put plenty of salt on a plate and rub the edge of the glass. Make sure it adheres well.
- In a Boston shaker add the pineapple and muddle with the jalapeÃ±o, lime juice and agave nectar.
- Add the tequila and abundant crushed iced.
- Shake for 30 seconds until the exterior of the Boston is well condensed.
- Fill the glass with fresh crushed ice and strain the margarita over.
- Garnish with jalapeÃ±o slices.
Thanks for saving and sharing margarita recipe on Pinterest. Cheers!0