This Shrimp Tacos with Hot Sauce recipe is brought to you by DiMe Media and Tabasco. Thank you for supporting the brands Savoir Faire collaborates with, so I can keep creating and sharing recipes that are fun, colorful, and delicious
Shrimp tacos with hot sauce. When I was invited to participate in Tabasco’s #TaquizaTabasco campaign, I thought of Tabasco’s chipotle sauce, one of my all-time favorites, and the one that turned me on to the power of a smoky jalapeño flavor.
My first thought was empanadas: some stuffed with refried black beans, others with shredded beef, and some with white cheese. I wanted to serve them with guasacaca, mojo, and alioli, with each sauce containing touches of Tabasco: garlic, habanero and, of course, chipotle. Once this thought crossed my mind, I wondered if I wanted to fry empanadas in this hot weather, when I could make some tacos. They’re just as good, and take a lot less work to prepare; my mind was made up.
Taking that train of though, I opted to create tacos stuffed with grilled shrimp, seasoned with Tabasco Garlic Pepper Sauce, and prepared on white corn tortillas, accompanied with a coleslaw seasoned with a citrus dressing, which also includes touches of Tabasco.
And last, but not least, here is my recipe:
Shrimp Tacos with Hot Sauce
- For the tacos
- 12 white corn tortillas
- 1 pound of shrimp deveined
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco Garlic Pepper Sauce
- 2 cups of coleslaw with citrus dressing
- Cilantro leaves chopped
- Coarse sea salt
- For the coleslaw
- 1 cup of cabbage julienned
- 1 cup of carrots julienned
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro leaves chopped
- ½ cup of lemon and orange dressing with some Tabasco mixed in
- For the citrus dressing
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup of fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Put the shrimp in a bowl. Add the olive oil, Tabasco sauce, and salt. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grill the shrimp on medium heat until they begin to turn white (3-4 minutes). Turn them over and grill the other side for 2 more minutes.
- Let the shrimp to one side of the pan and grill the tortillas on the remaining space for about 30-45 seconds on each side. Turn off the heat.
- Prepare the tacos by filling each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of salad, 3 shrimp, and bits of cilantro.
- Salad Preparation
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients but the olive oil.
- Slowly add the olive oil and mix well to emulsify.
- Mix the carrots, cabbage, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Top with the dressing and let marinate for half hour before serving.
Thank you for saving and sharing this shrimp tacos with hot sauce recipe on Pinterest.1