This post is also available in: Español
Martha Washington’s Rum Punch
- 4 oz of fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz of fresh orange juice
- 4 oz simple syrup 1 part water, 1 part sugar. I used demerara sugar
- 3 limes quartered
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1 orange quartered
- 1/2 Tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks broken
- 6 cloves
- 12 oz boiling water
- 8 oz of light rum I used Ron de Venezuela Santa Teresa Claro
- 8 oz of dark rum I used Ron de Venezuela Santa Teresa Añejo
- 4 oz of orange curaçao I substituted it with Rhum Orange Liqueur
- In a container, mash the lemons, orange, nutmeg, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Add syrup, lemon and orange juice.
- Pour the boiling water over the mixture. Let it cool.
- Strain out the solids.
- Heat the juice mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Let it cool and refrigerate overnight.
- In a punch bowl, combine the juice and spice mixture (approximately 24 oz), light and dark rums, and the rum liquor.
- Serve the punch over ice with some orange, lemon or lime wheels. Top with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Martha Washington’s Rum Punch recipe on Pinterest.