You know, today is Sunday and in my house that means pancakes! So here I am, on Mother’s Day, hurrying to write this post and cooking my children favorite buttermilk pancakes and shooting the pictures to celebrate Mother’s Day.Or should I say Multitasking Day? Whatever!
Who cares? I skipped my Sunday walk. The chocolate cake will have to wait a few days and I will probably have my pink cocktail this evening.In the meantime, I thought it was a good idea to share this recipe that is a staple in my kitchen. After all, my Mom used to cook pancakes for us on Sunday too!
Like other pancake and bread recipes, I found this in Bread the book from The Good Cook series, edited by Time Life. I hope you like it! Happy Mother’s Day everybody and one more time, thank you for your support and inspiration!
Buttermilk Pancakes with Berries
- 3 Tbs . of butter melted
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs . of sugar
- ½ Tsp . of salt
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ Tsp . of baking soda
- 1 ½ Tsp . of baking powder
- In a bowl, mix the buttermilk, butter and eggs.
- Add the sugar, salt, flour, baking soda and baking powder and stir.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with butter and heat it until a drop of water flicked onto the surface sizzles immediately and evaporates.
- Pour the batter into the hot surface to form the pancakes.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles form and begin to break on the surface, about 1 and a half minute.
- Turn the pancake and cook it for 20-30 seconds.
- Serve hot with butter, honey or maple syrup, toss with fresh berries.
Thank you for saving and sharing these Buttermilk Pancakes with Berries recipe on Pinterest.