This sweet potato puré with pecan streusel is no doubt one of my favorite side dishes for the Thanksgiving meal. It’s a feast of color and textures and is so sweet that can be served as a dessert as well.
This is how some people like their sweet potatoes: sweet over sweet. Sweet the sweet potatoes and sweet the pecan streusel. If served as a dessert, you can complement it with a spoonful of vanilla ice-cream and it’ll be absolutely decadent!
Sweet Potatoes and Pecans: A Match Made in Heaven
The smoothness and creaminess of the sweet potato puré contrast with the crunchiness of the not so sweet pecan streusel.
Sweet potatoes and pecans are by far two of my favorite ingredients. The two of them together are a match made in heaven.
Also fascinating is the contrast between the vibrant, bright orange color of the sweet potato puré and the brownish of the spiced pecan crumbles on top.
Take it to your next Thanksgiving potluck
As good as it tastes, this is a super easy recipe and makes a perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving celebration. You can make it ahead, and bake it before serving.
These mashed potatoes with pecan streusel are also perfect if you have a potluck. Trust me: everybody loves this dish and as I said before you can make it well in advance.
Sweet Potato Puré with Pecan Streusel Recipe
To make this recipe you’ll need a couple of utensils and ingredients you can easily find online through my Amazon Affiliate Program, including:
Following is my recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do. Thank you for subscribing to my Youtube channel and visiting my Amazon Store.
Sweet Potato Puré Topped with Pecan Streusel
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes
- ½ cup cream
- Coarse sea salt
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 6 Tbs. butter salted
- ½ Tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- Butter to grease a shallow baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and bake them for 1 hour.
- Let the sweet potatoes completely cool down. In the meantime, in a bowl place the flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and combine them.
- Add the butter and cut it with a pastry blender until butter is the size of a pea or smaller, 5 minutes.
- Add the pecans and mix. Reserve.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh. Discard the sweet potato skins.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with the cream and salt to taste.
- Butter a shallow baking dish and fill it with the mashed potatoes.
- Evenly sprinkle the pecans streusel on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Wait at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023
- Driving Hyundai’s IONIQ 6 in Savannah: The Future is Today! - May 15, 2023
- Venezuelan Chicha de Arroz: Rice & Milk Drink Recipe - April 12, 2023