Rice and Corn Salad-Stuffed Tomatoes
These rice and corn salad-stuffed tomatoes are the perfect appetizer or side dish for any summer meal. The salad can be made in advance with letftover ric.
- 12 round-shaped tomatoes
- 1 cup leftover rice I used Mahatma Long Grain White Rice
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ⅓ cup red onion finely diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 4 tablespoons jalapeño pepper finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Sea salt
For the sauce
- 1 cup of Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad but the tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
In the vase of a blender, add all the ingredients for the mayo-cilantro sauce and process until creamy and silky. Reserve.
Slice tops off and bottom of the tomatoes.
Core tomatoes and remove their interior flesh.
Stuff the tomatoes with the salad. Keep them refrigerated until serving.
Drizzle with mayo-cilantro sauce.
- The top and bottom slices of the tomatoes can be chopped and added to the salad.
- The pulp can be saved to make tomato sauce.
- The amount of mayo-cilantro sauce is more than what you need for this recipe. You can reduce the ingredient quantities but it may be hard to properly liquefy and get the creamy, silky texture.
- You can use this sauce to dip yuca fingers and tequeños in or to drizzle on seafood tacos, or simply as a dressing for green salads.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 440mg | Potassium: 707mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2712IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg