Last night I went to a private screening of La La Land, the movie written and directed by Damien Chazelle and starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone. I went with my son Tomás Eugenio who just turned 13 and we loved it. I cried like a baby but I’m not going to spoil it. So, here are my 10 reasons you have to go and watch it. It will premiere today.
1. It’s a love story.
2. It’s a romantic movie about how great movies used to be.
3. It’s a celebration of Hollywood and the movie industry.
4. Emma Stone is adorable. As Mia Dola, she doesn’t need to speak but her eyes will tell you everything.
5. Ryan Gosling is adorable.
6. The choreographies are whimsical.
7. It’s the new Singing in the rain.
8. The opening scene, everybody dancing in a traffic jam in a highway in Los Angeles deserves an Oscar by itself.
9. The visit to the Griffith Observatory is the best date a girl can dream of.
10. It’s dedicated “to the ones who dream, foolish as they may seem.”