This post is also available in: Español
I grew up listening to Grandma Ligia saying it was a sin to throw the food.Over and over, as in a litany, she told us we had to eat everything, because there were many people in the World who did not have a piece of bread to put in their mouth.My grandmother was the queen of leftover recycling. When there was leftover rice, she made a savory rice pudding or these rice fritters, which were my favorites.
Leftover Rice & Cheese Fritters
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cups fresh white cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk, skim
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Vegetable oil to fry
- Sugar to sprinkle the fritters
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- In a pan heat some oil over medium heat.
- With a spoon, pour some of the rice batter in the pan.
- Fry the fritters until golden both sides.
- Place the fritter on paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Before serving, sprinkle with some sugar.
- Serve hot or warm.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Leftover Rice and Cheese Fritters recipe on Pinterest.
[amazon_link asins=’B004NRLAVY,B01BWM57CK,B015FFIOO8,B06Y4ZYRTP,B01MY0NRIP,B071ZFZ8TY’ template=’ProductCarouselEn’ store=’lemoine-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fba4a2e7-33c3-11e8-b741-8d9e4b2c932a’]