Green Eyes and happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Researching for green drinks to mix a cocktail and write a note for Ron Santa Teresa to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, all the roads lead me to the emerald Midori, a Japanese melon liqueur with the exact green color I was looking for. In fact, Midori is the Japanese word for green and green is the color of hope. So, I thought it was a good idea to bring home a bottle of this Japanese spirit, one of Suntory‘s brands.I found this Green Eyes in the Midori website. Created in California in 1983, it became so popular that it was named the official cocktail of the Los Angeles Olympics in 1984.The original recipe called for gold rum, but I chose Ron de Venezuela Santa Teresa Claro because I wanted my drink to taste like real rum. Here is the recipe. You will find this is like a green Piña Colada with melon aroma and flavor. Happy St. Patrick’s Day everybody!
- 1 oz Santa Teresa Claro
- 1 oz Midori
- ½ oz coconut cream
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ oz fresh pineapple juice
- In a blender blend all ingredients.
- In a blender, blend all ingredients.
- Pour in a wine glass with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a chunk of pineapple.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this Green Eyes cocktail recipe on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Enri (see all)
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023
- Driving Hyundai’s IONIQ 6 in Savannah: The Future is Today! - May 15, 2023
- Venezuelan Chicha de Arroz: Rice & Milk Drink Recipe - April 12, 2023