This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TusFiestas #VidaAguacate #CollectiveBias.
Chocolate avocado cupcakes. I love this time of the year. It is almost Christmas, and since I was a little girl, I cherish the best Christmas memories. While baking these chocolate and avocado (yes, avocado) cupcakes, my son Tomás told me that December was his favorite month too, among other reasons for all the goodies that come out of my kitchen in general, and particularly for the ones coming out of my oven!
His comment made my day. Cooking is my favorite way to pamper my loved ones, and the fact that my teenage child treasures the flavors and aromas of the season is for me like the diploma that certifies that I have been doing well.
Proof are these chocolate avocado cupcakes. They are simply delicious because they have triple the amount of chocolate. Since I used Avocados From México to replace butter, I added some cinnamon and vanilla extract to evoke the Mexican hot chocolate and champurrado that I like so much, which combine the well-defined cocoa flavor with notes of perfumed spices.
Baking these cupcakes made me think out of the box and proved to me that Avocados From México are something more than raw material for guacamole.
If you like avocados, please visit the Fiestas tab of the Vida Aguacate site, where you will find holiday recipes and inspiration to incorporate the always fresh, always delicious Avocados From Mexico into your family diet.
Christmas Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes
- 2 Avocados From Mexico without skin and pit
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 6 ounces of white chocolate cut into small pieces
- 6 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- Christmas confetti
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare a baking tray for cupcakes with Christmas paper baking cups.
- In a bowl, put all the dry ingredients minus the sugar, and combine.
- In a food processor, process the avocados until a creamy puree is formed.
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate with water and melt in a bain-marie, stirring occasionally to ensure that no solids remain.
- In a large bowl, mix the avocado with the melted chocolate, add the sugar, and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the vanilla and combine.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- With the aid of an ice cream spoon, put the mixture into the paper baking cups, filling to ¾ only.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcakes comes out dry and clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the baking sheet and place on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, melt the chocolate in a small pot or bowl in a bain-marie, stirring constantly, until it gets a smooth, creamy consistency, 2 to 3 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a medium bowl, with the aid of an electric beater, at medium speed, beat the cream cheese and the butter until they are creamy.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat until all is well mixed and creamy.
- Decorate the cupcakes immediately (it requires 1 to 2 tablespoons of frosting for each cupcake) and add the confetti.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Christmas Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes recipe on Pinterest.