Chocolate & Zucchini Cake
- 8 Tbs. of unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups of super fine sugar
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups of unbleached flour
- ½ cup of sweet ground chocolate and cocoa I used Ghirardelli
- 1 Tsp. of salt
- 1 Tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp. of baking powder
- 1 Tsp. of baking soda
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini squeezed in a cheese cloth to take away the liquid
- ¼ cup of confectioner’s sugar
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-3 inch cake pan.
- Mix the flour, ground chocolate, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute on low speed.
- Add the sugar, increase the speed and beat it for about 3-4 minutes until fluffy.
- Add the oil and beat until incorporated.
- Add one egg at time, beating for 1 minute each time until incorporated. Occasionally scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- When the mixture is creamy, add the flour chocolate mix alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the buttermilk.
- Add the zucchini and mix.
- Pour the batter in the previously prepared cake pan and bake it for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Unmold the cake and let them completely cool down before dusting with the confectioner’s sugar.
Thank you for saving and sharing this chocolate & zucchini cake recipe on Pinterest.0