This post is also available in: Español
Spaghetti alla carbonara
- I package spaghetti I used vermicelli
- ¼ of pound of frozen bacon finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. of olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 cup of white wine
- 4 eggs beaten
- ½ cup of finely grated parmesan cheese I used Parmigiano Regiano
- 1 cup of chopped flat or curly parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot, put water to boil the pasta.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the heat and drain it on absorbent paper towels.
- In the same skillet with the bacon fat, sauté the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook until the liquid has almost completely evaporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta and when al dente, reserve a little water for later and then strain.
- Let run some cool water to stop cooking. Strain.
- In a bowl, mix eggs with cheese.
- Add onion and bacon, and mix well.
- If necessary, add some pasta water.
- Add the pasta and combine.
- Add pepper and parsley.
- Serve warm with extra cheese.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Spaghetti alla carbonara recipe on Pinterest.
[amazon_link asins=’B00005Q5I8,B009T8UFPE,B001O8U8J0,B00TCHXMB6,0385349440,0307595668,0385349483′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’lemoine-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4fd4dec3-219e-11e8-9902-9939dcc47ed4′]0