Hot Dog Mummies for Halloween.
Don’t tell me these hot dog mummies for Halloween aren’t super cute. You only need two ingredients: canned croissant dough and hot dogs, plus a pinch of mustard to make the eyes. I assure you these mummies will fly from the plate.
Since I first saw them in Pinterest, I do them when we are getting closer to Halloween. Although Andrés and Tomás are already young men (literally speaking, they are 15 and 13 years old, respectively, and both are taller than me), they become little kids again when it comes to eating.I don’t know if they treasure childhood memories or find comfort eating like kids. But I love to see them being so tall and speaking with those hoarse voices, and being delighted eating hot dogs mummies as if they were little ones again.
I hope you like this idea to make hot dog mummies for Halloween.
Hot dog mummies
- 1 can of refrigerated croissant dough
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 pinch of mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Spread the croissant dough and be sure to attach the “stitches”.
- With a fine point knife, cut the dough into strips.
- Wrap each sausage with a strip of dough as if they were the bandage of a mummy, and leave some space at one end to create the "face" of the mummies.
- Put the mummies on a baking sheet, with the "face" facing up.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- With a toothpick, make the eyes with a pinch of mustard.
Thank you for saving and sharing this idea to make hotdog mummies for Halloween on Pinterest.