This post is also available in: Español
This recipe makes dough for a single crust pie and it marks the beginning of the pie season in my family. I already double it to make two Thanksgiving classics: pumpkin pie and pecan pie.
I hope you like it!
Basic Pie Dough
- 1 ¾ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 Tsp . of sugar
- 12 Tbs . of cold butter
- ¼ cup of ice water
- Place the flour and the sugar in the bowl of a food processor, using the dough blade. Pulse.
- Add half of the butter. Pulse a few times.
- Add the rest of the butter and keep pulsing until the butter and the flour form coarse crumbs.
- Add some of the water and pulse a couple of times, adding more water until the crumbs form a ball.
- Take the dough and make a disc. Place it on a floured plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Thank you for saving and sharing this pie dough recipe on Pinterest.
Buy what you need with the help of my Amazon affiliate links
Price: $102.99Was: $139.00
Price: $17.01Was: $50.00