This post is also available in: Español
This recipe makes dough for a single crust pie and it marks the beginning of the pie season in my family. I already double it to make two Thanksgiving classics: pumpkin pie and pecan pie.
I hope you like it!
Basic Pie Dough
- 1 ¾ cup of all purpose flour
- 1 Tsp . of sugar
- 12 Tbs . of cold butter
- ¼ cup of ice water
- Place the flour and the sugar in the bowl of a food processor, using the dough blade. Pulse.
- Add half of the butter. Pulse a few times.
- Add the rest of the butter and keep pulsing until the butter and the flour form coarse crumbs.
- Add some of the water and pulse a couple of times, adding more water until the crumbs form a ball.
- Take the dough and make a disc. Place it on a floured plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Thank you for saving and sharing this pie dough recipe on Pinterest.
[amazon_link asins=’B001S90A2K,B00U293DOO,B001HTN31Q,B000CC1FM8,B01E2HU4A2,B01AXM4SLG,B000IYYFIQ,B072JVQ34Q,0684813483,1606522507′ template=’ProductCarouselEn’ store=’lemoine-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a50b64de-a8be-11e8-9d75-f783cb240bf3′]1