Creamy Fettuccine with Leeks
This delicious fettuccine with leeks, scallions and creme, will allow you to have dinner in 20 minutes or less.
- 1 package of fetuccine noodles
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 5 cups of leeks finely sliced the white part and some of the tender green part
- 1 cup of scallions finely sliced the white part and some of the tender green part
- 2 cups of light cream
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Grated cheese I used Grana Padano
Put the water for the pasta to boil. Add salt.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
Add the leeks and scallions and sauté for 5 minutes, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes.
In the meantime, cook the pasta.
Turn off the heat of the pan with the leeks and scallion. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Once the pasta is al dente strain it, and put in to the saucepan. Stir until well combined.
Serve with grated cheese and crack more black pepper on top.