Black Bean & Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro
This black bean salad and grilled corn salad is a tasty and nutritious dish. You can serve it as a starter or side dish and it is perfect now that the grilling season is in full swing.
- 1 ½ cups black beans cooked and drained
- 1 ½ cups corn kernels from grilled cobs
- 1 cup tomato seeded and diced
- ½ cup red onion minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 ½ cups cilantro leaves washed and dried
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl combine the beans, corn, tomato, onion, pepper and cilantro.
In a cup, combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix to emulsify.
Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss.
Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
This salad tastes better the following day.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 579IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg