This is a Middle Eastern dish and the quintessential salad: fresh, crispy, colorful and full of flavor.
- ½ cup of bulgur #2
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups of parsley leaves chopped
- ½ cup of mint leaves finely chopped
- ¾ cup of red onion or 10 green onions finely chopped the white part and some of the green
- 2 cups of tomatoes finely diced
- 1/3 cup of fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
Soak the bulgur in the water for 10-15 minutes.
Drain the bulgur in a fine colander, pressing to squeeze the water out.
Combine all the ingredients in a big salad bowl.
Season with olive oil, lime juice and salt to taste.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2957IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2mg