Grilled Pork & Pineapple Skewers with Chimichurri
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time16 mins
Total Time36 mins
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless pork chops fat trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup of low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 cups of pineapple cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper deveined and seeded cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper deveined and seeded cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into one-inch pieces
- Coarse sea salt
In a bowl make the marinade for the pork by mixing the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, honey, vinegar, olive oil, hot sauce, red pepper, and ginger and mix well. Reserve half of this sauce.
In another bowl, place the cubed pork chops, add the marinade and make sure the pork is well coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for an hour.
Cook the reserved marinade in a small pot, at medium heat, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve.
Soak bamboo skewers in water to prevent burning when broiling.
Turn on the grill and preheat it.
Assemble the skewers by alternating vegetables, pork, and pineapple. Before grilling, sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Clean and grease the grill and place the skewers over indirect fire. Grill covered for about 7 minutes each side and brush the rest of the marinade, and the which now serves as BBQ glaze, on both sides.
Remove from the heat, let stand for 5 minutes and serve with chimichurri.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg