Jalapeño and Serrano Pepper Pizza.There was a time in which every Friday we had pizza nights at home. Margherita pizza for the kiddos and something more ‘sophisticated’ for the big ones. Don’t ask me why, but I stopped making pizza. I think this was related to how easy was for me to make flatbread pizzas. The kids were happy. I was happy. End of the story.But this summer Tomás Eugenio (14), who had always have his ways, asked me about something more ‘sophisticated’, the real ones, the ones I used to do every Friday. So I went back on the saddle and now I can tell you I became, again, my own pizzaiolo, making pizza almost every day (just in case I have two hungry teenagers at home.) I even made a video. So I make Margherita pizza for Tomás, and delicious combinations, like the pizza I’m sharing today, for the big ones.
I know it’s super hot outside but a pizza like this only takes 10-12 minutes in the oven. Besides that, homemade pizzas are so easy to make. I always have my own canned tomato sauce. My dough recipe is a no knead one. It’s that simple. As if that wasn’t enough, nobody at home can resist to the aroma, flavor, and texture of a so satisfying homemade pizza!So, here is my jalapeño and serrano pepper pizza, that also comes with anchovies, ham, black olives and onion. No need to say that you don’t need to add peperoncino but instead pair it with an ice-cold beer!
For the pizza dough recipe, click here.
For the tomato sauce recipe, click here.
Jalapeño and Serrano Pepper Pizza
- 1 pizza dough recipe, divided
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano, divided
- 6 slices of anchovies, divided
- ½ cup ham slices, cut in julienne, divided
- ¼ cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- ½ cup onion, cut in julienne, divided
- ½ jalapeño pepper, sliced
- ½ serrano pepper, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Cover 2 baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with the flour
- Place half of the dough in the middle of the baking sheet and extend it with your fingers.
- Spread half of the tomato sauce over the pizza dough, add the anchovies and sprinkle with half of the oregano.
- Distribute half of the ham, black olives, and sprinkle with mozzarella, onion and jalapeño and serrano peppers.
- Repeat with the other half of the ingredients.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Jalapeño and Serrano Pepper Pizza recipe on Pinterest.2