This post is also available in: Español
Chipotle Lime Michelada. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. #WinWithClamato If you are new visiting here, then I have to tell you I was born and raised in Venezuela. That means that even if baseball is the national sport there, we as Latinos, love soccer. When we didn’t have a national soccer team, we mostly rooted for Brazil and Argentina but also for Spain (our madre patria) and Italy. And when it was about soccer, there was nothing like family and friends gatherings to watch the games.
Because we are Latinos, those gatherings implied food (mostly tapas) and ice-cold beers, but now that I live in the US, things get much more diverse. Keep reading and you’ll see.
I’m a basketball mom. The mom of two point guards, one of them has been playing Varsity since he was a sophomore. In spite of the fact basketball is the main sport in my household, when it’s soccer season we cannot deny our Latin roots and everything is about fútbol (soccer in Spanish), the most popular sport in the world!
Of course we root for the US team, but since our team won’t be playing in this year’s soccer championship we’ll root again for Brazil, Argentina and Spain. OMG this is like having the UN at home! And guess what, this year the official adult beverage when we watch the games will be ice-cold micheladas!I’m a new michelada lover. I discovered it 3 years ago. For those who don’t know what a michelada is, I’m going to say that micheladas are the most delicious Mexican (I told you: this is like the UN) concoction made of tomato juice, beer and lots of condiments.
Today’s recipe has an even more delicious twist: it is a chipotle lime michelada made with Clamato® Tomato Cocktail. Clamato is a drink made with clam broth and tomatoes (hence the name that results from combining the two words: Cla-mato). And to make it even more interesting I’m using hot chipotle sauce as one of the condiments!
I buy Clamato at my local Walmart. Give it a try and you’ll love it! You’re welcome!
Chipotle Lime Michelada
- ½ cup Clamato Tomato Cocktail
- 1 Light beer
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 4-6 dashes of chipotle hot sauce
- ½ tsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
- Lime wedges to moisten the rim of the glass and to garnish
- Coarse sea salt to decorate the rim of the glass
- Crushed ice
- Hot chili powder to sprinkle on top
- 1 Celery stalk to decorate and stir
- Moisten the rim of a glass with a lime wedge.
- Put plenty of salt on a plate and rub the edge of the glass. Make sure it adheres well.
- Fill half of the glass with ice.
- Add the Clamato, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, chipotle sauce and stir.
- Complete with beer.
- Decorate with a lime wedge, add the celery stalk, sprinkle with chili powder and enjoy.
Thank you for saving and sharing this chipotle lime michelada recipe on Pinterest.