This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBiasThese tacos al pastor, or rather, inspired by the traditional tacos al pastor, are prepared in less than half an hour and with just four ingredients! Isn’t this amazing?
Tacos al pastor are a Mexican cuisine classic. They are made with very slowly roasted pork, in a rotisserie like the ones used to make lamb shawarma, and are served with pineapple and red onions.Traditionally, pork is marinated in a marinade of chilies (adobo) and that is why in Baja California they are called tacos de adobada. But now that Walmart carries the new Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas, dinner can be made in less than 30 minutes!The new Smithfield® carnitas are 100% fresh pork and come marinated in a marinade that smells and tastes delicious. For this reason, the only thing you have to do is cook the meat: no seasoning, chopping or cleaning. How cool is that? And if you slice your carnitas and cook them in a medium heat pan for about 7-8 minutes, I guarantee you can have a succulent dinner in a blink of an eye.At the time of serving, I assemble my tacos with pan grilled pineapple cubes and my pickled onions. Again, the happiest of all was Andrés Ignacio, my 15-year-old son, who always says that if I make tacos at least once a week, he’ll never leave my house.What he doesn’t know is with these carnitas by Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork he can make his own tacos without sacrificing flavor and time, because these carnitas are real flavor, real fast.Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas is just one of the varieties of Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork that also includes Smithfield Marinated Sweet & Smoky Pork Roast and Smithfield Marinated Homestyle Pork Roast. Get this coupon so you can earn $1 by buying Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork:
And now, here is the recipe for my express tacos al pastor. I hope you like it.
Express Tacos al Pastor
- 1 2- pound package of Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- 2-3 slices of fresh pineapple
- ¾ cup of pickled onions
- 12 white corn tortillas
- In a medium-high heat grill pan, griddle the pineapple until it gets the grill marks, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and cut the grilled pineapple into 1/3-inch cubes.
- While the pineapple is roasted, cut the carnitas in thin slices.
- In the same pan, cook the carnitas for about 5 minutes until they begin to brown, turn them and continue cooking until they are done, about 3 more minutes.
- Reserve the carnitas.
- In the same pan warm the tortillas for about 30-45 seconds.
- Assemble the tacos by first putting the warm tortillas, then the carnitas, pineapple and finally the pickled onions.
- You can also sprinkle some fresh cilantro.
Thank you for saving and sharing this Express Tacos al Pastor recipe on Pinterest.