This Grilled Shrimp Mini Tacos with Ginger-Soy Dressing recipe is sponsored by Kikkoman®. Thank you for supporting the brands that Savoir Faire collaborates with, so I can keep creating and sharing fun, colorful and recipes that are fun, colorful, and delicious.
Why “mini,” you ask? Well, it’s because I love the miniature versions of food, which are as adorable as they are delicious apetizers. They also work perfectly for kids who are picky about their food (like my son Tomás).
Success with my kids aside, I loved the crunchy texture of corn tortillas and their characteristic flavor. Same thing with the fresh crisp that lettuce has. Combine these with a spicy touch of ginger that, when mixed with soy sauce, gives the dish an original touch.
Grilled Shrimp Mini Tacos With Ginger-Soy Sauce Dressing
- For the ginger-soy sauce dressing
- ½ cup of carrots chopped and boiled in 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger skinned and cut in small chunks
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Kikkoman soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- For the tacos
- 24 yellow corn tortillas cut into 2-inch circles approx. 5 centimeters
- 24 shrimp marinated in 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups of lettuce leaves washed and dried
- Pour all the dressing ingredients into a blender, including the liquid in which the carrot was cooked.
- Blend at high speed until a homogenous sauce is formed. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Put each mini tortilla in a small glass containers and microwave for 30 seconds. Wait 20 seconds before taking them out of the containers, being careful to keep their form, and put them in the oven to toast for 5 minutes.
- Heat a small grill (I used a sandwich-panini one).
- Place the shrimp on the grill and cook until golden brown, or about 5 minutes.
- Put the lettuce in a bowl and add abundant dressing. Mix well.
- Assemble the tacos by putting some lettuce on each tortilla shell, followed by a single shrimp.
- Serve with additional dressing.
Thank you for saving and sharing this grilled shrimp mini tacos recipe on Pinterest.0