This recipe for Flatbread Pizza with Figs and Gorgonzola is brought to you courtesy of Flatout Flatbread and Society Culinaria. Thank you for supporting the brands that Savoir Faire collaborates with, so I can continue bringing you fun, colorful, and delicious recipes.
So when I recently bought dried figs, I thought of a pizza bianca with fresh goat cheese and contrasting Gorgonzola, and for more taste, to be sprinkled with a few drops of my balsamic vinegar reduction: more of an appetizer for an autumn dinner, than for Labor Day.
That’s what happens when you have cravings. So here is my pizza made with Artisan Thin Crust PizzaRustic White, which is my favorite among all the varieties that make up the Flatout line of flatbreads.
If something I like about this bread is its thickness: in five minutes I can have my pizza ready and what is best: enjoy the “feeling” of eating the best pizza ever without the calories. Bingo!
In Florida you can buy Flatout at Publix, Winn Dixie, Walmart and I’ve seen them on Amazon. You can see here where to buy them across the country.
Flatbread Pizza with Figs and Gorgonzola
Served as a tapa or appetizer, or with bowl of soup or a salad, this flatbread pizza with figs and Gorgonzola cheese is to die for.
- 1 unit of Artisan Pizza Crust Rustic Thin White
- 3 tablespoons fresh goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 dried figs sliced
- 3 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese diced or crumbled
- 3 tablespoons bacon cut into julienne strips and cooked until golden-brown
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar reduction
- 2 leaves of basil cut into julienne
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the bread on the tray and spread the goat cheese over.
- Arrange the slices of figs and the Gorgonzola cheese.
- Sprinkle the bacon.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, until bread is toasted and the Gorgonzola has melted.
- Sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil and balsamic vinegar reduction.
- Sprinkle the basil.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this flatbread pizza with figs and Gorgonzola recipe on Pinterest.