Gluten free orzo salad with black beans, avocado and cilantro. I owed you this recipe since I published my grilled pork meatballs. It’s perfect for pairing with barbecues, although I also like it as a main dish at lunch. Best of all is that while the orzo is cooked, you chop the rest of the ingredients, make the vinaigrette and have your salad ready in a jiffy.I love orzo because it seems like rice but it’s actually pasta and in this case it’s gluten free! Watch the video to see how to make it step-by-step and please subscribe to my YouTube channel, where I will be posting videos with recipes and cooking techniques.
Gluten free orzo salad with black beans, avocado and cilantro
- 1 cup gluten free orzo cooked al dente
- 1 cup black beans cooked (if canned, rinse and drain well)
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- ½ cup white onion chopped
- ½ jalapeño minced
- ¾ cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1 Hass avocado peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a jar with a lid, make a vinaigrette with the oil, vinegar agave syrup and salt, and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- In a bowl, add all dry ingredients except avocado.
- Add the vinaigrette and combine.
- Add the avocado and combine.
- Refrigerate and let stand covered at least half an hour before serving.
Did you make this recipe?Tag @enrilemoine on Instagram and hashtag it #byenrilemoine. Thank you!
Thank you for saving and sharing this Gluten Free Orzo Salad Recipe on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Enri (see all)
- 40 Must-Have Recipes to Elevate Your Memorial Day Cookout - May 24, 2023
- Driving Hyundai’s IONIQ 6 in Savannah: The Future is Today! - May 15, 2023
- Venezuelan Chicha de Arroz: Rice & Milk Drink Recipe - April 12, 2023