This post is also available in: Español
Grilled Salmon with a Spice and Thyme Rub
- 4 salmon fillets with the skin
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of brown sugar
Soak some apple wood chips in water.
Heat the grill (better if it’s a charcoal grill.)
In a mortar, add all the spices, thyme, sugar and salt, and muddle.
Spread the spice and thyme jerk over the top of the salmon filets and press with your fingers.
Place the filets on the grill, skin side down.
Add a couple of apple chips to the fire so it will smoke.
Grill the fillets off the direct fire for 12-15 minutes, with the grill covered to smoke the fish.
Thank you for saving and sharing this grilled salmon recipe on Pinterest.